Soulful Productivity and Rituals: Growing as a Multi-Passionate Creative in 2020
There’s a difference between doing things mindlessly and doing things consciously. Have you ever gone grocery shopping and realized once you...
There’s a difference between doing things mindlessly and doing things consciously. Have you ever gone grocery shopping and realized once you got home that you bought *some* (ahem, a lot) of unhealthy options? Aaand you forgot the apples?
Being intentional about that journey is a small example of how we ignore sets of behaviours. Now what does that look like for a multi-passionate creative as you enter a new decade?
Rituals and Productivity
With a multi-passionate, creative mind like yours I know you struggle with focusing – I’ve been there. You let distractions get the better of you, you tend to be indecisive about the fourteenth great idea you have, and you just feel like you’re too busy all the darn time! (Spoiler, you’re not truly being soulfully productive you just look like you are…). So, how can you achieve the things you want to achieve in a new decade?
Awareness is the idea that you’re mindful of your internal and external surroundings. We practice being aware through specific mindsets or behaviours, for example in the form of a ritual. This adds a layer of meaning and purpose to what you’re doing. What’s a ritual, or formal process (or ceremony) you can start tomorrow that’s small? This could be as simple as a five minute routine in the morning, an act of self-care, something you do when preparing a meal, journaling… The idea is to find something small that can help you realign and shift into soul, flow and ease.
Too many ideas? Journal them. Don’t know how to start a business as a multi-passionate ambitious creative? Speak with a coach. Feeling overwhelmed with your to-do list? Take a course on working smarter and not harder. Trust me, I know because not only was I there (not knowing who I was and what my personal dreams were), but those are the exact clients I serve today (feel free to sign up for a free consult – no pressure!).
What Will Help You do Things Differently From Now on?
Rituals. They can help shape or shift you, changing you on a deeper level.
Daily rituals act like small but important ceremonies, where you’re consciously allowing things to take place rather than being overwhelmed, distracted or careless. That’s why they’re such an important part of the Soulful Productivity™ that I teach. Adjusting your daily habits is something you can do with anything in your life – regardless of how big or small, whether it’s moving more slowly, eating nutritiously, or making decisions that will impact where your career takes you. But most importantly with purpose rather than just rushing it because everyone else is doing it. A ritual is personal and should fit you like a glove.
Soulful productivity is also a specific course I developed about these very challenges my clients faced over and over. It’s about more than just knowing what to do to achieve your goals, but embodying it so you don’t give up if it doesn’t go perfectly the first time.
By inviting intentional rituals into your life you rewire your entire system.
You’re addressing those habits that might get in your way, whether it’s distraction, fear, feeling like you’re not enough, or you might not deserve it. The stagnant and exhausted parts of your life need a breath of fresh air.
Rituals are important because they add your senses to your day-to-day life, so you’re not just centring life on what you produce. Life is not meant to be tedious work. If you’ve been busy this whole time and you still feel like the finish line keeps being pushed back it’s time for a different approach.
Knowing what the first step is – what helps serve and align with who you want to be and how you want to feel – is important.
You Can’t Create New When There’s no Space For it
What is currently serving you? Take that into 2020. What isn’t serving you? Is stress and overwhelm a common denominator at every turn? Moving into the new decade let’s focus on 6 specific rituals around soulful productivity.
Rituals and Productivity
- Banish Distractions: address distractions holding you back. Overwhelmed? What’s causing it? How do you stop them? Why are you doing what you’re doing and why *that* specific goal? What’s the relationship you have with yourself, and how can you get time to work for you and not against you?
- Build Healthy Boundaries: what are safe and reasonable ways for how you expect yourself and others to behave? What do you require to understand your own needs, priorities – mentally and emotionally? How do you communicate? Do you know how to say “No”? Saying “No” and letting go of guilt, negative self-talk and boosting the positive chemicals in your brain are vital going into 2020!
- Embrace Simplicity: let’s declutter (music to Marie Kondo’s ears!). Not just physical things, but digital, personal and emotional. If you want to be soulfully productive then you must be willing to move from chaos to calm and easy systems, (eliminate, automate and delegate), to let go and create space for things that truly matter. Are you still holding onto too much baggage? Then you’ll keep paying for the extra fee.
- Find Balance: we hear this as “work-life balance,” but it’s more than that because you’re not just the work you produce, you’re so much more! Finding balance means getting focused, intentional and not running on autopilot. What does true success mean to you and not other people? Do you suffer from imposter syndrome? That constant feeling of inadequacy around what you can and can’t achieve? What if those thoughts were learned and inherited from other people? How can you truly find balance as a woman in today’s society?
- Create Daily Rituals: working smarter and not harder requires spiritual intent – focusing on your inner needs. What helps you nourish your soul, your habits, and your self-awareness and daily routines? What is the anatomy of an effective goal? Have your lessons in life been practical or short-lived? Do you still feel overwhelmed by chaos, or are you ready to turn new habits into inspiring and life-changing daily rituals?
- Master Soulful Productivity: There’s only so much growth you can do on your own, even for an overachieving perfectionist (hello there!). The truth is you must create a deep sense of awareness within yourself. How do you remain present? Accept the highs and lows? Transform the old into the new? How do you keep self-sabotage in check? You’re on a journey to uncover the unique soulful recipe to success and that requires transforming your internal programming, and turning your raw materials into inner gold through Dream Alchemy – the final step towards soulful productivity.
How do you want to grow as a multi-passionate creative in 2020? Ditch the old, and embrace the new (and not in a cheesy, new year’s resolutions again, kind of way).
By addressing these key ingredients to Soulful Productivity™ you might be closer to your dreams than you’ve ever been before.
So what’s next for you in this new decade? As we close off a very long past, I encourage you to slow down and realize that you’ve accomplished so much and only the best is yet to come.
Hi, I’m Murielle. I created the online course Soulful Productivity™, a 6-week program to redefine productivity and help you get from overwhelm to flow, and I have a private coaching practice where I help ambitious, multi-passionate creatives and entrepreneurs start, grow & scale businesses, and create their freedom lifestyle. PS: I love Instagram. Let’s connect!